Moving To New York (Ish) – Part 2 (…And It Was Work(!) To Get In)

November 18, 2015

I had to give a bunch of different papers from work stating that I was working there and how much money I made. And every time I gave them something, they needed something more.

It got to the point where since I never had any time, my realtor had to come pick something up from my office. He checked in with security and I ran down to give him some paperwork – and they *still* wanted more paperwork after that, that I worked at the show…

And I just thought, “What kind of con do you think I’m running here? Do you think I paid the security people to somehow let me hang in the building as though I worked there – and that they’d actually accept that?” Aye aye aye aye aye.

Then, after I gave all the papers in the world, and jumped through all of their hoops and crossed all of their hurdles… they still made me get a co-signer.

So, I had to crawl to Daddy, “uh, hey… you know how I’m a total grown adult woman now, who’s been in the same place in LA for 4 years that you didn’t co-sign on… and you know how I have a grown-ups job and everything… Well, um… well, Daddy… would you mind if….”

And of course he was all, “Oh, sweetheart, of course,” because he’s my dad and he’s the best and he’d move the Earth for me if I needed it.

As I was getting the paperwork in, I was getting closer and closer to the date I was supposed to move in. In fact, if I remember correctly, I think even the day before (or at least two days before) we still weren’t sure the apartment was mine.

And that was obviously annoying to me, because I was still trying to figure out where I’d stay around the city, and I was going to LA that weekend. So, even though I was supposed to move in on Friday, it was kind of like, “Well, I might as well not even do it ’til Monday since I’m gonna go there just to leave… and my rent’s pro-rated this month…

But, even though they were the ones dragging their feet, they wouldn’t let me change the move in date to be a few days later… when I’m pretty sure I didn’t even get the official word ’til the morning. (They told me even if I came to sign later, they were pro-rating me from the original day I asked for.)

Aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye!

Oh well. It was just a few days. It’s not gonna kill me.

And this is where I’ll pick up tomorrow.

I'd love to hear from you! So whaddya say?